Terms & Conditions
Please read the following Terms & Conditions carefully before agreeing to the use of our services provided by the memory nest. The Terms and Conditions listed below are a legal agreement binding the parent and the The memory nest.
1) Paying a deposit and sending a written confirmation via email to confirm your booking is instant acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
2) The Terms & Conditions explained here are the terms every parent and babysitter who intends to use the memory nest must adhere to. Booking a babysitter with the memory nest services means you agree to abide by all our Terms & Conditions. Refusal to agree or abide by our terms and conditions shows a lack of interest in our services and you must refrain from using the memory nest services.
3) We have the exclusive right to review and modify these conditions occasionally to indicate any variation in market conditions influencing our business, changes in technology, variation in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, and changes in our system’s capabilities.
4) All bookings can be made online at www.thememorynest.com or via email/whatsapp
When making a booking, the following should be provided:
Your full name
Your email address
Your full address
Details of the date a babysitter is required.
Approximate start and finish times ( at least 3 hours ).
Little details about the child or children, which will include age and other necessary information, pets, and babysitter note information.
After your booking has been confirmed, the memory nest will provide you with the details of your allocated babysitter.
The memory nest will do its best to organise a Babysitter for you on short notice but you must agree and acknowledge that the memory nest has no obligation or liability to you if it cannot allocate you a Babysitter for any reason.
5) All payments should be made in British Pound (GBP)
Parents must pay the memory nest by 1pm the following day of the booked sit. An invoice will be sent by the memory nest by 10am. The booking fee must be transferred to the provided bank account and not directly to the babysitter. If for any reason, the Babysitter is required to stay past the allotted time, Parents must pay a pro-rated amount of the booking in 15-minute increments (to be rounded up to 15 minutes). For clear understanding, you will be charged for 15 minutes if the babysitter stays an extra 5 minutes and if the Babysitter stays an extra 40 minutes, you will be charged for 45 minutes.
If you made a booking for example of 4 hours, we would charge you for a minimum of 4 hours at the end of the booking, even if the sitter is dismissed earlier. This is because the sitter would have blocked off the time and made arrangements to sit for you for 4 hours.
6) If cancellation of a Babysitter booking is made more than 24 hours of the start time, no charge will be made on such cancellation however the deposit will not be refunded.
Cancellation of a Babysitter booking made less than 24 hours of the start time will be required to pay the booked babysit in full.
7) The memory nest takes its time to authenticate every detail provided by our babysitters to guarantee that all the information provided is correct. We conduct a detailed thorough check, interviews, and ensure the babysitters possess of procuring current first aid, police check, and working experience.
8) Transportation to the parents residence is arranged by the Babysitters themselves. Parents are not in any way responsible for the transportation of Babysitters. However, a babysitter’s taxi or transportation can be paid by the Parent to the Babysitter directly after reaching an agreement with the babysitter. The memory nest will not be held responsible for any liability to the parents, Babysitters, or any other third party involved with transportation.
8) The sole responsibility of the memory nest is to introduce Babysitters who have demonstrated satisfactory childcare experience and provision in the past based on the parents agreement.
The memory nest will not be held responsible for any liability, loss, or damage irrespective of whatever might have caused it.
9) Under no circumstances will the parent disclose any correspondence, communication either verbally, written, or via email to any third party. All details provided will be kept confidential by the clients.
All babysitting bookings must be done directly between the parents and the memory nest and not with the babysitter directly.
Babysitter/childcare providers can not be booked directly by the parents. Ignoring this obligation means the babysitter/childcare provider is legally obliged to inform the agency and the relevant fees will be charged to the parents.
The client agrees to a minimum 3-hour booking payable to the babysitter.
10) The parent agrees and acknowledges that the agency does not employ babysitters booked by you and is only an introduction and booking agency
Every policies and procedure provided by the memory nest in the selection and screening of its babysitters have been read carefully and is understood fully.
The parent will provide instruction and direction for your booked babysitter to deal with any emergency or illness and any house rules applicable during the appointment of the babysitter and that you will be responsible for all direction.
11) All intending Babysitters must be above 18 years and must be legally able to work in the United Kingdom in order to register with the memory nest. It is compulsory for Babysitters to provide all personal details that include proof of identity, experience, DBS and a copy of a First Aid certificate.
12) The memory nest will not in any way be held responsible for any liability whatsoever for the misrepresentation, loss, damage, injury, death delay, claims or expense of any description arising out of an introduction made by us. We will not be held responsible for any loss as a result of a circulated denial-of-service attack, viruses, or other technological damaging material that may infect your computer kit, programmed software, data, or other trademarked material from the use of our website in the download of materials uploaded on it or any affiliated website.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall disregard or restrain responsibility for death or individual injury caused by carelessness. No omission can be made under the law of the United Kingdom.
13) These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.